Followers

December!!!!!!!

December is the craziest month in our household... not just because we are decorating and having people over. It's our everything month.

Both M & I are Sagittarius', meaning we have our birthdays just days apart... but a great deal of our closest friends are also Sags. We have our parties to think about, everyone else's birthdays to think about, Christmas parties, Christmas related events... and the list goes on and on.

I love December but because of the hustle and bustle of this month, Christmas wanes in the background not getting the attention it highly deserves and really falls down my totem poll of favorite holidays because I just plain don't enjoy it. I enjoy the side bits... making cookies, baking, decorating, the trees, the shopping... when do I ever not enjoy the shopping; but when the day finally rolls around I am not feeling festive or enjoying the day as much as I would love to.

This year I turn a big ol 29.... one more year and I will have hit 30, a leap into completely adulthood, a milestone as any. If you know you mean that is a year I plan on making this largest splash and am working towards it. You can follow that portion along at http://www.runningfor30.blogspot.com/

Usually though for our birthdays since they are a whole 3 days apart we usually throw a birthday party together, invite all of our closest friends to our house, have drinks and hors d'oeuvres and just have a good time of it. Last year we went out to a "local"spot and payed for the drinks and having been feeling the sting since. We are in full on debate mode here about what is to be done this year... I'd rather to go somewhere on King St. and have a night of it, M disagrees because he wants to be able to have intimate conversation and stuff. So who knows what we'll do.
For those who are feeling festive I found a printable calendar in case you wanted something more festive to put up maybe make the little kiddies colour it and then hang it on the fridge with things marked down to do... I am going to be doing so this evening. Let me know what you are looking forward to this December.


2 comments

  1. I'm so with you girl! December is pure chaos at my house as well. Don't forget about those Capricorns! They're also in December we have 6 Birthdays next to Christmas. 2 of them being my son and hubby. Also having a divorced family means we have 3 Christmas dinners. It's non stop at my house from the 23rd all the way through to the 27th.
    E V E R Y S I N G L E D A Y!

    Bah hum bug!
    Niki =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Niki,
    Every year it never gets easier... more to do, more people to see, bigger the families get more people to add to list... here's to a happy holidays for us both... LOL!

    ReplyDelete