Followers

For those about to shop!


This year I am happy to say that I have met a great set of people, some in a personal manner, some through social media; all in all I have met some great friends.

One of these special people is the lovely Laura Connell, who is the author and creator to the website For Those about to Shop . On October 27th, she held a very nice and warm event in the lower area of Marben on Wellington in Toronto.

It was my first event post elections and I was looking to enjoy some good old conversation minus politics with perhaps a glass of wine in hand. There were great little hors d'oeuvres, cupcakes and a seriously nice bartender on hand. I bumped into some of my newer friends and we chatted about everything as we waited for a Tarot card reading from the reader who had a lineup of anticipating seekers of knowledge waiting for her. I luckily got the last reading that night... a lot of what I already knew about myself!

The swag bag was sooo nice, best part was the infinity scarf I got from Dara Dot Design, it's been a lot of fun trying to figure out the different ways to wear the scarf itself.

But some of you followed me over onto Mommydoings from my past fashion blog; while my blogging is fully diverse --- please take a moment to go and head over to Laura's blog, it really is a nice read and hey, she's a petite like me!

1 comment

  1. I'm so happy I got to offer you some post-political down time! Thanks for writing about my little party. I must mention that the last post was from a guest blogger, Cynthia Cheng, who is indeed petite. At 5'5" I unfortunately can't claim that title. :)

    ReplyDelete