Followers

Another busy week & weekend!


So my baby turned 2 this weekend. I feel funny calling her my baby, when she blatantly isn't one anymore. She's in her full prime of toddlerhood!

We threw a birthday party for her, it was nice there were plenty of people here, but I wish I had felt more up to it--- I wish I had spent days and days decorating and preparing. The blistering heat we had here in the city and the lack of a functioning A/C made me not want to turn on my stove all week. Other than making dinner for my family, there was no way I was turning my gas stove on.

I also been in a slump, a pretty bad slump. To say I sat around and did nothing all week was the reason it wasn't. I went to the beach with my girlfriend and her son and spent one of those squeltering days somewhere far cooler than my place, had a fantastic chat with my mommy friends but for some reason I can't get motivated in any way. I can't begin to work on my happiness project this month, it's a reality I really am struggling with.

But I am going to celebrate the fact that my daughter turned 2 and share a little poem a friend of mine shared on his blog.


When Elmo isn't ticklish,
And Pooh Bear hates honey,
When Tigger stops bouncing,
And Goofy isn't funny,
When Peter Pan can't fly,
And Simba never roars,
When Alice in Wonderland
Can't fit through the small doors,
When Dumbo's ears are small,
And happily ever after isn't true...
That's when I will stop
Loving you


Well I hope you all have a great weekend, hope you enjoy the image of chocolate cupcakes I made with some very colourful sprinkles.
Cheers!~

No comments